I'm trying to find out who my father's biological father is--we think he was a dutch sailor, who had a short romance with my father's mother (Pearl Lorine Mustoe, birthday December 1, 1924) in Seattle, WA, USA, around december 1950 (my father's birthday is August 16, 1951). Any ideas about how I might proceed?
My father's mother, Pearl, would have been 26 years old at the time she met this dutch sailor.
I'm wondering if there are any records of any Dutch ships that were in the Seattle area during November-December of 1950.
Any help would be greatly appreciated (email me at nick (dot) c (dot) humphrey (at) gmail (dot) com)
Thanks in advance,
P.S. I've contacted
* the "Dutch Ministry of Defense" (Ministerie van Defensie): http://www.defensie.nl/english/servicemenu/contact/
* Tore på Sporet (a norwegian TV show that reunites lost family members): http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/tore_pa_sporet/
* Spoorloos (a dutch TV show that reunites lost family members): http://spoorloos.kro.nl/
* Puget Sound Maritime Historical Society: http://www.pugetmaritime.org/ContactUs.htm
* Holland America Line: http://www.hollandamerica.com/contactUs/Main.action
* Puget Sound Regional Archives: PSBranchArchives@sos.wa.gov
but am still waiting for their replies.
I've also submitted my DNA to FamilyTreeDNA: http://www.familytreedna.com
reply from CBG:
There is a Dutch T.v. program about such "things".
You can ask them to help you. See: www.spoorloos.kro.nl
reply from Port of Seattle:
I have to say this is one of the more interesting requests that I’ve received. The Port doesn’t keep records of ships that called in Seattle. But there may be records at the Puget Sound Regional Archives. They can be reached at (425) 564-3947 or via email at PSBranchArchives@sos.wa.gov
Good luck with your search.
reply from Netherlands Police:
this is not a matter concerning police, data from the DNA database can only be used for police investigation.
Regional Service Center
Amsterdam Police Department
here's a thread on facebook that i started about this, with additional ideas about researching this: https://www.facebook.com/myUser/posts/10152033942881469
here's a post I wrote on Family Tree DNA's facebook page:
other relevant search terms:
child out of wedlock
one night stand